Thursday was the first meeting of the club this term, as this is a new term as well as some of the original members we have a few new ones; Leo, Eve, Johna and Amelie.
In order to revise what was covered last term and to enhance an understanding of the project I set the club members a task involving a series of questions and tasks. The question covered things like what key electronics will be in the payload to performing a flight prediction using the habhub predictor here. The new members performed extremely well considering much of the terminology was new to them.
The questions / tasks were as follows:
- What does HAB stand for?
- Visit UKHAS.org.co.uk
- What does UKHAS stand for?
- In the beginners guide (safety) why don’t we use Hydrogen?
- Using tracker at HabHub.org what balloon call signs are currently in the air?
- Using the predictor on the same site, if we launched from here today were would our balloon land?
- Who is Dave Akerman and why is he relevant?
- Have a look at our web site:
- How high are we hoping to reach with our flight?
- What 3 key electronic items do we need in the payload?
- How will we stop our balloon from falling to fast?
- How will we find our balloon?
Here the answers from two of the club members working together:
- High Altitude Ballooning
2a. UK High altitude Society
2b, Because it is explosive
5. He fly’s balloons with raspberry pi
6b.rasberry pi computer, parachute, raspberry pi camera